Yesterday Sergio, a user of OpenOffice Impress, sent to the OpenOffice.org discussion list his list of the “Major Gaps of OpenOffice Impress 3.3 vs. Microsoft Office PowerPoint”. Continue reading Major gaps of Open Office Impress versus Microsoft Power Point, what do you think?
How do you quickly create a spreadsheet where, for example, every other line has a background of a different color? Here are a couple of methods.
The first one is faster (and works even in controlled environments where you can’t install extensions) if you want white rows alternated with colored ones: define a cell style and apply it only to cells in even (or odd) rows. Here is the detailed procedure:
This is a way to import multiple pictures into an empty text with OpenOffice Writer, one picture per page, with a database report.
- install the Sun Report Builder extension
- create a database in the same directory as the pictures
- enter or import in the database the file names of the pictures
- make sure that those names don’t contain special characters or spaces
- use absolute, full path names to step around a bug in the builder
- in the database form, bind a picture control to that field.
This is a synthesis of a discussion on the OpenOffice users list. If you know more efficient methods, please let me know (mfioretti, at nexaima; dot net).